All volunteers and coaches who are listed on the CYO Team Roster must complete the AOP Region 11 and OLGC Parish Volunteer requirements below prior to the start of the sports season.
Parish Volunteer Requirements Checklist can be found HERE.
CYO Coaching requirements below:
1. Complete online PA State Criminal Background check .Click HERE for website. Print completed form, submit to Trinity Center.
2. Complete online Child Abuse Clearance. Click HERE for website. Must create an account. Print completed form, submit to Trinity Center.
3. Attend in-person "Protecting God's Children" / Safe Environment Class. Click HERE for upcoming class schedule, Virtus online scheduling. Copy Acknowledgement certificate received at class, submit to Trinity Center.
4. Attend in -person "Play like a Champion" Coaching Essential Class. Click HERE for upcoming class schedule. Copy certificate received at class, submit to Trinity Center.
5. Complete Catholic Coaches Essential Online Course. Click HERE for link to course. Completion of Online course is required only if in-person class not available, good for 6 months only. Submit copy of completion certificate to Trinity Center.
6. Mandatory Report Acknowledgement Form . This acknowledges receipt of Mandatory Reporter Brochure. Click HERE for form. Mandatory Reporter Brochure HERE. Submit signed form to Trinity Center.
7. Complete Mandatory Reporter Online Training. Print certificate at end of training, submit to Trinity Center. Online training link HERE.
8. Sign Volunteer Disclosure Form. Click HERE for form, will require witness signature also. Submit signed form to Trinity Center.
Keep a copy of all signed forms and completion certificates for your records. Documents may be submitted in person or electronically to Trinity Center, email email@example.com . All clearance completion dates must be recorded on the Coaching Affadavit form for every sport season coaching.
Coaching Affadavit form
For more information on Region 11 Clearance requirements, visit the website : http://www.region11cyo.org/
A CYO coach is primarily a minister to youth with a gift of reaching out to young people through athletics. CYO head coaches must be 21 years of age or older and must be present and responsible for the team at all times. Responsibilities of the CYO head coach include:
The OLGC CYO Athletic Board is empowered to relieve a coach of his/her position if found to be in violation of Archdiocesan and/or OLGC CYO policy. If a coach is suspended, the OLGC CYO Athletic Board reserves the right not to renew his/her coaching eligibility. Some specific violations are listed below: